All over the world, you can see avid collectors of many valuable pieces of history. One, in particular, is collectible Australian coins. These pieces are worth thousands and even millions of dollars. Case in point, the Proof 1930 Penny, which was sold to a Sydney collector for $1.15 million last year.
Which Australian coins are valuable?
Five Aussie coins that are worth a pretty penny
- 2007 double obverse five cent coin. This coin from 2007 was incorrectly minted with the Queen’s head on both sides. …
- 2000 mule variation double ringed $1 coin. In 2000 a batch of $1 coins were accidentally stamped with the head from a 10c coin. …
- 2001 federation upset error. …
- 2000 incuse flag Millennium 50 cent coin.
17 дек. 2019 г.
What is a 1966 Australian 50 cent coin worth?
|1966 Round 50c Coin||AUS $ 27.23 US$ 21.14|
|Please select at least one product from the list.|
How do you find out what your old coins are worth?
Look up your coin according to its date and origin, and you may be able to find its current value.
Consult a coin value book.
- The “book” value (a generally accepted value of the coin)
- The “buy” value (what a dealer would pay to buy the coin from you)
- The retail value (what a dealer would sell a coin to a customer for)
Are any Australian $2 coins valuable?
In 2013 we wrote about 2 dollar coins that were struck on underweight planchets. … At that value we’re happy to say that not only is the $2 coin struck on a Euro planchet one of the most rare Australian 2 dollar coins, it’s almost certainly the most valuable one you might find while noodling.
Which Australian 20c coins are valuable?
Treasures in your change: 20c – What to look for
- 1966 Wavy Line 20c. Australia’s first variety takes us back to the beginning of decimal currency, and the highly sought after 1966 Wavy Line 20c. …
- 1966 Canberra Mint 20c. …
- 1981 Three & a Half Claws 20c. …
- 1981 Scalloped 20c.
What Australian 50 cent coins are worth money?
Truly uncirculated 50 cent coins from 1969 (cv $25), 1971 ($25), 1972 ($55), 1973 ($60), 1974 ($35), 1985 ($13), 1993 ($22) , and 1997 ($30) are all worth more than any commemorative 50c coin.
How much are round 50 cent Australian coins worth?
The 1966 Round 50c Coin, which weighs 13.28 grams, is sold at coin shops, mints, and on eBay for prices ranging from around $9 to $15.50 per coin.
How much is an Australian silver 50 cent piece worth?
With some internet trickery we can tell you that the silver value of a round 50 cent coin is currently AUD $12.03.
What year 50 cent pieces are worth the most money?
The Most Valuable Kennedy Half Dollars. Kennedy half dollars hit circulation in 1964. It was just months after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.
What year coins are worth keeping?
1932-1964 silver quarter
Between 1932 and 1964, quarters were 90% silver and 10% copper. These silver quarters look like any pre-state quarter 25-cent piece, but are worth a lot more if they’re in the right condition.
How do I sell my old coins?
Local coin dealers are natural places to visit first when selling coins. Mostly you’ll sell low and medium-value coins here. When you go to a dealer, look at their stock. If they have a lot of coins made of the same metal and of similar quality to the ones you’re selling, chances are they’ll give you a fairer price.
What coins are collectors looking for?
15 Valuable Coins That May Be In Your Coin Jar
- 1943 LINCOLN HEAD COPPER PENNY. …
- 1955 DOUBLED DIE PENNY. …
- 2004 WISCONSIN STATE QUARTER WITH EXTRA LEAF. …
- 2009 KEW GARDENS 50P COIN. …
- 2005 “IN GOD WE RUST” KANSAS STATE QUARTER. …
- 2000 AUSTRALIAN $1/10 MULE. …
- 2008 UNDATED 20P COIN. …
- 1982 NO MINT MARK ROOSEVELT DIME.
5 сент. 2017 г.
What is a 1988 Australian $2 coin worth?
“Coins made in 1988 and 1989 with ‘HH’ on them are only worth $2,” he said in the video.
Which Australian pre decimal coins are valuable?
Pre Decimal Australian coins (1d, 3d, 1/- and 2/-) dated 1937 are some of the most valuable, because of their mintage of between 8-12 pieces known to exist, making these extremely rare coins.
Are Australian 1 and 2 cent coins worth anything?
Yes, 1c and 2c pieces are still Australian legal tender, but they are not considered as ‘currency’ (or, money that is officially released for circulation). This means that you can take your old 1c and 2c coins to the bank and exchange them for currency totalling the same face value.