Call the Department of Home Affairs Global Service Centre on 131 881.
How do I contact Australian Customs about a package?
For enquiries regarding the delivery of your parcel, contact Australia Post on 13 13 18. For enquiries regarding an Import Declaration or a payment you have made to the Department, contact us. For enquiries regarding biosecurity matters, contact the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources on 1800 020 504.
How do I get in contact with customs?
Should you have any questions, please contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center. Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). For General Inquiries call: 1-877-227-5511.
How long does customs clearance take Australia?
Customs Clearance System
It takes up to five working days from receipt of completed documents for Customs to process the import declaration. It may also take up to three working days to process any payments made re duties and taxes with goods being held in a depot or warehouse.
How do I contact immigration to Australia?
|Immigration General Enquiries||131 881|
|Media Enquiries||02 6264 2244|
|National Relay Service||1800 555 660 (free from landlines)|
|The Translating and Interpreting Service||131 450|
What can’t you post in Australia?
Prohibited and Restricted Items when Sending to Australia
- Any shipment that is from, or travelled through, Somalia, Egypt or Bangladesh.
- Meat products of any description.
- Paintball guns and paintballs.
- Shipments that are multiple packages from multiple suppliers amalgamated into a single shipment.
What do I do if my parcel gets stuck in customs?
What You Should Do When Your Shipment Is Stuck At Customs
- Contact your 3PL provider. Your first action should be to contact whoever has shipped your goods. …
- Contact your carrier. Ensure that your shipment is actually stuck in customs. …
- Find out if there are outstanding taxes. …
- Ensure there is no missing or incorrect paperwork. …
Do customs open all packages?
No, they don’t immediately open your package without any reason. Your package wi definitely go through a scanner machine (x-ray) and screen your items. They will only instantly check what’s inside of your package if: Your package has been damaged when it reached the Customs office or desk.
How do I know if my package is in customs?
Check Your Mail for a Customs Detainment Letter
Check your company mail for a letter from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection department stating that your package has been detained. If the department is holding your item, officials will notify you usually within a few days but it can take as long as 30 to 45 days.
What are examples of customs?
Custom is defined as a tradition or a usual way to behave. An example of custom is Catholics giving up meat on Fridays during Lent. A usual practice or habitual way of behaving; habit.
How much is customs clearance Australia?
On most products imported into Australia, customs duty is 5% of the value of the goods converted to Australian dollars, but this is dependent on the type of goods. You will need to check with your freight forwarder or Home Affairs for the correct amount of customs duty.
Why is my package taking so long at customs?
There are three basic reasons your shipment could get stuck in customs: … Sometimes, customs clearance documentation is incomplete, causing delays while customs coordinates with the shipper to gather needed information. You may owe taxes on the shipment, which will be released when you pay them.
How many days does customs clearance take?
All imported articles to the Philippines must undergo the customs clearance process within 30 days since unloading the last package. You need to be ready with the list of required documents to avoid any delays in customs releasing.
How do I contact immigration Australia by phone?
Introduction. If you’re looking for information on immigration and/or visas, you can find it online at the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website. Alternatively, you can call 13 18 81.
How can I get someone deported from Australia?
You can be deported if:
- You have been convicted of certain serious crimes and received a prison sentence; or.
- You are considered to be a threat to the security of Australia. Before a deportation order is made on these grounds, you will be given the opportunity to appeal against your adverse security assessment.
How do I apply for permanent residency in Australia?
How To Become an Australian Permanent Resident (Migrant)
- Find the right visa for you. Find the right visa for you. …
- Check if you meet the visa requirements. Check if you meet the visa requirements. …
- Apply for an Australian Migrant Visa. Apply for an Australian Migrant Visa. …
- Wait for a decision. Wait for a decision. …
- Get your visa!