What old Australian coins are worth money?
Five Aussie coins that are worth a pretty penny
- 2007 double obverse five cent coin. This coin from 2007 was incorrectly minted with the Queen’s head on both sides. …
- 2000 mule variation double ringed $1 coin. In 2000 a batch of $1 coins were accidentally stamped with the head from a 10c coin. …
- 2001 federation upset error. …
- 2000 incuse flag Millennium 50 cent coin.
17 дек. 2019 г.
Which Australian $1 coins are valuable?
A rare Australian one dollar coin, known as a ‘mule’, is being sold at auction for more than $4,000. A mix up at a mint in 2000 created a rare $1/10c hybrid – also called a mule coin – which is valued by rare coin collectors at thousands of times its face value.
What is the most valuable coin in Australia?
The most valuable Australian penny is the Proof 1930 Penny selling for $1.15 million in 2019. As it so happens it also is the most valuable Australian coin … of any metal. It was struck in 1930 at the Melbourne Mint during the Great Depression.
What Australian $2 coins are worth money?
4 Rare Australian 2 Dollar Coins
- 2013 Purple Stripe Coronation 2 Dollar Coin. …
- 2012 Remembrance Day Red Poppy $2 Coin. …
- 2008 or 2009 Double Struck 2 Dollar Coins. …
- 1988 or 1989 2 Dollar Coins with HH Stamped on them.
Which Australian 20c coins are valuable?
The Wavy 20 1966 20 cent coin is among the most valuable Australian decimal coin varieties you can still find in your change.
What coins are worth keeping?
Check out these eight coins that are worth a lot more than their intended value.
- 2004 Wisconsin state quarter with extra leaf. …
- 2. 1995 double die penny. …
- 1942-1945 silver nickel. …
- 1943 steel penny. …
- Ben Franklin half-dollar. …
- 1932-1964 silver quarter. …
- ‘In God We Rust’ 2005 Kansas state quarter.
25 авг. 2014 г.
What Australian 50 cent coins are worth money?
Truly uncirculated 50 cent coins from 1969 (cv $25), 1971 ($25), 1972 ($55), 1973 ($60), 1974 ($35), 1985 ($13), 1993 ($22) , and 1997 ($30) are all worth more than any commemorative 50c coin.
Which $1 coin is worth money?
Sacagawea & Native American $1 Coins Average Prices and Values
|Date & Mint||Circ. Buy||Unc. Buy|
|2000 P Wounded Eagle *||$275.00||$475.00|
|2000 P Presentation *||$300.00||$350.00|
How do I know if my coin is worth money?
You have to learn about each coin individually. “The three variables that determine the value of a coin are: how many were minted, the grade or condition of the coin, and the demand,” Gillis said. When asked which is most important, he says, “probably the mintage number if I had to choose one of the three.”
How much are round 50 cent Australian coins worth?
The 1966 Round 50c Coin, which weighs 13.28 grams, is sold at coin shops, mints, and on eBay for prices ranging from around $9 to $15.50 per coin.
What is a 1988 Australian $2 coin worth?
Two dollar 1988 value
Are Australian 2 cent coins worth anything?
The going rate for a circulated 1¢ or 2¢ coin is $3 while those in mint (uncirculated) condition can be worth up to $15.
Is there a $2 coin?
Actually the US has a $1 coin and has NEVER had a $2 coin. They did try a $2 note several years ago but it did not take off and is rarely, if ever, seen now. Canada on the other hand HAS had a $1 coin (The Loonie) since 1987 and a $2 coin (The Toonie) for about 10 years.