27 August – Minor premiers the Brisbane Broncos defeat the Sydney Roosters 14–6 at Stadium Australia (now Telstra Stadium) to win the 93rd NSWRL/ARL/NRL premiership. … 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, Australia result in a record 58 medals for Australia.
What major events happened in the 2000s?
- September 11 attacks in New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Shanksville, Pennsylvania (2,977 killed)
- 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States (5 killed, 17 infected)
- 2002 Bali bombings in Bali, Indonesia (202 killed)
- 2003 Istanbul bombings in Istanbul, Turkey (57 killed)
What came out in 2000?
- 10 Things You Didn’t Realize Were Invented in the 2000s.
- Camera phone, 2000.
- USB flash drive, 2000.
- Bluetooth, 2000.
- Toyota Prius, 2001.
- Blu-ray disc, 2002.
- Facebook, 2004.
- YouTube, 2005.
What happened on this day in history in Australia?
On this day: HMAS Sydney (II) mystery solved
In 1941 the pride of the Australian navy was sunk with 645 lives aboard. Its final resting place remained a mystery until 2008.
What was Australia called before it was colonized by the British in 1788?
In recent times, Australia Day has become increasingly controversial as it marks the start of when the continent’s Indigenous people were gradually dispossessed of their land as white colonization spread across the continent. Australia, once known as New South Wales, was originally planned as a penal colony.
Why is the year 2000 special?
The Year 2000 was the start of the new millennium. … The New York Yankees defeat the New York Mets in five games in the 2000 World Series. It was the first ‘Subway Series’ since 1956. The U.S. population tops 282 million.
Was there a year 2000?
2000 (MM) was a century leap year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2000th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 1000th and last year of the 2nd millennium, the 100th and last year of the 20th century, and the 1st year of the 2000s decade.
What was cool in the year 2000?
20 things from the year 2000 that will make you feel nostalgic
- Craig David dominated the charts. …
- The world didn’t end with Y2K. …
- The Millennium Dome opened… but didn’t last very long. …
- Destiny’s Child conquered the charts. …
- Kylie made an almighty comeback. …
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Posh Spice featured in the biggest chart battle since Britpop.
- It was a prime time for pop.
What was the best year in the 2000s?
- 2008 was the best year in the 2000’s because it was the best year for video games and sports. …
- I was only 16 this year but it was better than other years slightly even better than 2009, This was the last year for good music (especially rock) in the decade! …
- My second favorite year of the 2000s.
What was the most played song of the 2000s?
The top 10 most played songs this decade:
- ‘Get Lucky’ – Daft Punk featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers.
- ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling! …
- ‘I Gotta Feeling’ – Black Eyed Peas.
- ‘Uptown Funk’ – Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars.
- ‘Counting Stars’ – OneRepublic.
- ‘Forget You’ – CeeLo Green.
- ‘Sex On Fire’ – Kings Of Leon.
14 апр. 2020 г.
Where was the first settlement in Australia?
The first settlement, at Sydney, consisted of about 850 convicts and their Marine guards and officers, led by Governor Arthur Phillip. They arrived at Botany Bay in the “First Fleet” of 9 transport ships accompanied by 2 small warships, in January, 1788.
How has Australia changed over time?
Australia is a nation in transition. In the span of a generation, Australia’s population has increased by more than half. … While the population has increased by 51% since 1984, the workforce has increased by 81%.
What happened in the 1900s in Australia?
Glenelg is wrecked off the Victorian coast, resulting in 31 deaths. 9 May – The Sierra Nevada is wrecked off Portsea, Victoria; 23 lives are lost. 2 July – Snow falls to extremely low levels in New South Wales, being recorded as low as Forbes. 5 July – The Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act (UK) is passed.
How did Aussies get their accent?
According to Richards, the beginning of our Australian accent emerged following the arrival of European settlers in 1788. “It emerged from a process called levelling down because you had all these people who came here on 11 ships from different dialect areas, regional dialect areas across England,” he said.
Did China discover Australia first?
There is no tangible evidence that Chinese explorers (or traders or any other Chinese for that matter) did land in Australia before the European exploration of the continent began.
How many Aboriginal were killed in Australia?
After European settlers arrived in 1788, thousand of aborigines died from diseases; colonists systematically killed many others. At first contact, there were over 250,000 aborigines in Australia. The massacres ended in the 1920 leaving no more than 60,000.