The 20 cent coin from Australia has the image of a duckbill platypus on its front side. On the backside of this copper-nickel 20c AUD coin is the image of Australia’s monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.
What animal is on the Australian 20 cent coin?
The twenty cent coin was first introduced with decimal currency on 14 February 1966. The original reverse design of a platypus remained unchanged until 1995. This denomination has since been used for commemorative designs. All twenty cent coins in the first issue in 1966 were produced at the Royal Mint, London.
Which Australian 20c coins are valuable?
Treasures in your change: 20c – What to look for
- 1966 Wavy Line 20c. Australia’s first variety takes us back to the beginning of decimal currency, and the highly sought after 1966 Wavy Line 20c. …
- 1966 Canberra Mint 20c. …
- 1981 Three & a Half Claws 20c. …
- 1981 Scalloped 20c.
Are any 20 cent coins valuable?
Rare 20 cent coin could be worth $800.
How much is a 1966 Australian 20 cent coin worth?
A genuine wavy 20 has a gentle curve that is paralleled in the water swirl directly above. A high grade example of one of these varieties is worth $3000-$5000 whilst a banged up coin you might find in your change might be worth $100-$200.
What is the rarest coin in Australia?
The most valuable Australian penny is the Proof 1930 Penny selling for $1.15 million in 2019. As it so happens it also is the most valuable Australian coin … of any metal. It was struck in 1930 at the Melbourne Mint during the Great Depression.
Are any Australian 50 cent coins valuable?
You could take a look at our Aussie silver coin value calculator to work it out. Anyway, back onto the circulation issues. Truly uncirculated 50 cent coins from 1969 (cv $25), 1971 ($25), 1972 ($55), 1973 ($60), 1974 ($35), 1985 ($13), 1993 ($22) , and 1997 ($30) are all worth more than any commemorative 50c coin.
What Australian coins are valuable?
Five Aussie coins that are worth a pretty penny
- 2007 double obverse five cent coin. This coin from 2007 was incorrectly minted with the Queen’s head on both sides. …
- 2000 mule variation double ringed $1 coin. In 2000 a batch of $1 coins were accidentally stamped with the head from a 10c coin. …
- 2001 federation upset error. …
- 2000 incuse flag Millennium 50 cent coin.
17 дек. 2019 г.
What is the rarest Australian $2 coin?
4 Rare Australian 2 Dollar Coins
- 2013 Purple Stripe Coronation 2 Dollar Coin. …
- 2012 Remembrance Day Red Poppy $2 Coin. …
- 2008 or 2009 Double Struck 2 Dollar Coins. …
- 1988 or 1989 2 Dollar Coins with HH Stamped on them.
Are Australian 2 cent coins worth anything?
The going rate for a circulated 1¢ or 2¢ coin is $3 while those in mint (uncirculated) condition can be worth up to $15.
What coins are worth keeping?
15 Valuable Coins That May Be In Your Coin Jar
- 1943 LINCOLN HEAD COPPER PENNY. …
- 1955 DOUBLED DIE PENNY. …
- 2004 WISCONSIN STATE QUARTER WITH EXTRA LEAF. …
- 2009 KEW GARDENS 50P COIN. …
- 2005 “IN GOD WE RUST” KANSAS STATE QUARTER. …
- 2000 AUSTRALIAN $1/10 MULE. …
- 2008 UNDATED 20P COIN. …
- 1982 NO MINT MARK ROOSEVELT DIME.
5 сент. 2017 г.
Are Australian 1c and 2c coins worth anything?
Yes, 1c and 2c pieces are still Australian legal tender, but they are not considered as ‘currency’ (or, money that is officially released for circulation). This means that you can take your old 1c and 2c coins to the bank and exchange them for currency totalling the same face value.
How much is a round 50 Cent 1966 worth?
The 1966 Round 50c Coin, which weighs 13.28 grams, is sold at coin shops, mints, and on eBay for prices ranging from around $9 to $15.50 per coin.
How much is a 1966 Australian 50 cent coin worth?
|1966 Round 50c Coin||AUS $ 27.23 US$ 21.14|
|Please select at least one product from the list.|
Are coins from 1966 worth anything?
CoinTrackers.com has estimated the 1966 Washington Quarter value at an average of 25 cents, one in certified mint state (MS+) could be worth $33. … So when we say average, we mean in a similar condition to other coins issued in 1966, and mint state meaning it is certified MS+ by one of the top coin grading companies.