Chockers – same as above! Cool as – the as on the end adds emphasis, so really cool! Crack the whip – telling someone to hurry up! Go off like a frog in a sock – going crazy.
What is the current slang word for cool?
Dope – Cool or awesome. GOAT – “Greatest of All Time” Gucci – Good, cool, or going well. Lit – Amazing, cool, or exciting.
What are Australian slang words?
100 Australian Slang Words & Phrases
|Aussie slang word/phrase||Meaning|
|Bloody oath||Yes! Or “That’s very true”|
|Bludger||Someone who’s lazy|
|Bogan||Someone who’s not very sophisticated|
|Booze Bus||Police vehicle used to catch drunk drivers|
What is Australian slang for excellent?
|Ace! :||Excellent! Very good!|
|Dingo’s breakfast :||no breakfast|
|Dinkum / fair dinkum :||true, real, genuine|
|Dinky-di :||the real thing, genuine|
What are some typical Australian sayings?
Australian slang: 33 phrases to help you talk like an Aussie
- Wrap your laughing gear ’round that.
- Dog’s breakfast. …
- Tell him he’s dreaming. …
- A few stubbies short of a six-pack. …
- What’s the John Dory? …
- Have a Captain Cook. …
- No worries, mate, she’ll be right. …
- Fair go, mate. Fair suck of the sauce bottle. …
18 дек. 2017 г.
What does OK Boomer mean?
Dictionary.com has summed up “OK boomer” as “a viral internet slang phrase used, often in a humorous or ironic manner, to call out or dismiss out-of-touch or close-minded opinions associated with the Baby Boomer generation and older people more generally.” It’s a helpful explanation for someone who is trying to figure …
What does YEET mean?
Yeet is an exclamation of excitement, approval, surprise, or all-around energy, often as issued when doing a dance move or throwing something.
How do Aussies say hello?
Greetings – Australian Slang
- Howdy – Hello, a warm greeting to welcome a person.
- Cheers – thanks, a magic word to express gratitude.
- Cuppa – cup of tea.
- G day – Hello or good morning, warm greetings.
- Ta – thank you, deep expression of gratefulness.
- Pop around – come over, calling someone to go around or move to a place.
6 мар. 2020 г.
What is the most Australian word?
The 25 most common Australian slang words
- See ya this arvo – See you this afternoon.
- Being dacked – When someone pulls your pants down.
- Give a wedgie – When someone pulls your pants up your bum.
- Dunny – toilet, bathroom – D’ya know where the dunny is, mate?
- Earbashing – constant talking – She gave me an earbashing for coming home at 2am.
12 дек. 2018 г.
What is Australian slang for girl?
It’s usually Sheila I believe – it’s just a girl’s name which, for some reason, has come to be used to denote all females there.
What does Crikey mean in Australia?
Another is a word used commonly by the late Steve Irwin, “crikey,” which is Australian slang for “oh my god”. This type of slang is one of the more difficult types to understand for those outside of Australia as many might not understand the context or even what some of the words used mean.
What do Australians call Americans?
Cheers! American citizens are often referred to as YANKS in Australia,,,,,,or “SEPTIC TANKS”, when “Rhyming Slang” is being used…
How do you say love in Australian?
Most times Aussies will use luv, luvya, seeya luv, I ♥️ (or simply say I love you but not in french cos that’s like really bunging it on.) Hooroo.
Is Heaps an Australian word?
Though some of them have roots in British English, Australian English has grown and changed into its own interesting type of language. …
What does bloody ripper mean in Australia?
Meaning awesome or fantastic, if something is “bloody ripper” it must be totally amazing!