Honestly, a lifetime is not enough to explore and enjoy all the amazing natural wonders of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. But if you can’t spend your life on holiday, we recommend at least three days in Cairns to discover the main attractions. If you have more time, great!
What to do in Cairns in 3 days?
What does the perfect 3 days in Cairns itinerary look like?
- Day 1 | Coastal Drive, Daintree Rainforest, Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation.
- Day 2 | Snorkelling or scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Day 3 | Skyrail, Australia Butterfly Sanctuary and Kuranda Scenic Railway.
12 дек. 2019 г.
What is the best month to visit Cairns?
If you too want to take advantage of the dry season and absence of marine stingers, the best time to visit Cairns is between June and October. However, if your priorities are cheap flights, fewer crowds and tour deals, you can also take a chance on traveling in the shoulder season (April/May or September/October).
What to do in Cairns in 2 days?
1 – The Great Barrier Reef. 2 – Kuranda by Scenic Train & Skyrail. 3 – Cape Tribulation and Daintree National Park. Without a doubt, the first day should be a trip out to the Great Barrier Reef.
How many days do you need in Great Barrier Reef?
Wildlife spotting: The GBR is home to 1,500 different species of fish, plus sea snakes, turtles and plenty of other creatures big and small. How long should you stay: It’s recommended to spend at least 3 days exploring the reef. Single day trips from Cairns or Port Douglas just won’t do this place justice.
Should I stay in Cairns or Port Douglas?
Overall, if it’s adventure, a buzzing nightlife, great food and shopping that you’re after then Cairns is the place for you. It offers more things to do even for those on a tighter budget. Port Douglas is more suited for those wanting a relaxed laid back holiday surrounded by nature in a small village atmosphere.
How do people spend a week in Cairns?
A Week in Cairns: The Ultimate Must-Do Itinerary
- Day 1: Kuranda Village. Hippy markets, butterflies & touring the rainforest on a vintage army duck (yes, really!) …
- Day 2: Snorkel The Great Barrier Reef. …
- Day 3: Cairns City. …
- Day 4: Atherton Tablelands. …
- Day 5: Babinda Boulders & Josephine Falls. …
- Day 6: The Daintree & Cape Tribulation. …
- Day 7: Northern Beaches.
Is Cairns expensive to visit?
The good news for budget travelers is that Cairns tends to be at least a bit less expensive than the large cities in Australia when it comes to hotels and even food prices at casual places. … Backpacker types can at least find some bargains in Cairns, so lingering here should be cheaper than most other parts of Oz.
Does it rain a lot in Cairns?
During summer in Cairns, average temperatures range from 23.6 – 31.4°C (74.5 – 88.5°F). The wet season begins building up around December, and most of the region’s annual rainfall (around 2000mm / 78.7 inches) occurs in the summer months.
Where should you stay in Cairns?
Where to stay in Cairns
- Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort. Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, Cairns, Queensland © Accor Hotels. …
- Flynn, a Crystalbrook Collection hotel. …
- Riley, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort. …
- Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel. …
- Pullman Reef Hotel Casino. …
- Pullman Cairns International Hotel.
Is it safe to walk in Cairns at night?
Cairns is just as safe as Sydney or Melbourne at night. Statistically speaking, it’s much safer. If you go for a walk and stay in the main areas, then yes, you will be safe.
How far is Cairns from Great Barrier Reef?
Short but oh-so-sweet, the Great Barrier Reef Drive covers just 140km in a straight line north from Cairns. Some of Tropical North Queensland’s most famous spots are along the route, from World Heritage sites and national parks to luxury resorts.
What can you do for free in Cairns?
8 Free ideas for family fun in Cairns
- Visit a swimming hole. Josephine Falls. …
- Picnic in the park. …
- Head to the Northern Beaches. …
- Enjoy a dip at the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon. …
- Uncover the very best playgrounds. …
- Pound the pavement of the Cairns Esplanade. …
- Botanic boardwalks and walking adventures. …
- Follow the market trail.
How much does a trip to the Great Barrier Reef cost?
|1 Day Great Barrier Tour||$115|
|Great Barrier Reef Premium Snorkelling Tour||$189|
|1 Day Great Barrier Reef Cruise Deluxe||$205|
|Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Adventure||$219|
What is the best time of year to visit the Great Barrier Reef?
The best time to visit the Great Barrier Reef is from June to October. This peak season offers some key advantages for travelers. Temperatures hover in the low 60s to mid-80s, and rainfall is uncommon, which means clearer waters and better diving conditions.
Is it safe to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef?
A: It is safe to swim all year round in Cairns, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef but it is highly recommended that you wear a lycra suit when entering the water in the warmer months of November-April.