What are Australia’s main imports?
Australia’s Top Ten Imports
- #1 Machinery (AUD$46.2 billion) …
- #2 Mineral fuels (AUD$43.9 billion) …
- #3 Vehicles (AUD$43.6 billion) …
- #4 Electrical machinery and equipment (AUD$37.1 billion) …
- #5 Medical/technical equipment (AUD$12 billion) …
- #6 Pharmaceuticals (AUD$11.8 billion) …
- #7 Gems and precious metals (AUD$9.5 billion)
13 янв. 2020 г.
What are Australia’s top 10 exports?
- Ores, slag, ash: US$91.3 billion (35.9% of total exports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $65.4 billion (25.7%)
- Gems, precious metals: $19.6 billion (7.7%)
- Meat: $10.4 billion (4.1%)
- Inorganic chemicals: $5.2 billion (2%)
- Machinery including computers: $4.4 billion (1.7%)
- Cereals: $3.8 billion (1.5%)
15 февр. 2021 г.
What are the top 5 countries Australia imports from?
Top import sources
|Rank||Country||Share of overall imports|
What are the top 5 imports?
What Are the Major U.S. Imports?
- Minerals, fuels, and oil – $241.4 billion.
- Pharmaceuticals – $116.3 billion.
- Medical equipment and supplies – $93.4 billion.
- Furniture, Lighting, and Signs – $72.1 billion.
- Plastics – $61.9 billion.
- Gems and precious metals – $60.8 billion.
- Organic chemicals – $54.6 billion.
17 дек. 2019 г.
What is Australia’s biggest import?
The 10 Biggest Importing Industries in Australia
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing in Australia. …
- Petroleum Refining and Petroleum Fuel Manufacturing in Australia. …
- Pharmaceutical Product Manufacturing in Australia. …
- Computer and Electronic Office Equipment Manufacturing in Australia. …
- Communication Equipment Manufacturing in Australia. …
- Oil and Gas Extraction in Australia.
What foods do Australia import?
Australia is now a net importer (that is, we import more than we export) in six food categories: seafood, processed fruit and vegetables, soft drink, cordials and syrup, confectionary, bakery products and oils and fats. Some of the insights in the Story Map are surprising.
What is Australia’s top 5 exports?
Top Australian Exports
- Iron ore – $48.1 billion.
- Petroleum gas – $17.6 billion.
- Gold – $16.1 billion.
- Aluminum oxide – $6.66 billion.
- Crude petroleum – $5.78 billion.
6 нояб. 2020 г.
What is Australia’s biggest export to China?
Australia is one of the few developed nations on Earth that exports more into China than it imports from China. In the 2018-2019 fiscal year, China took in about 32.6% of all Australian exports — that is about 153.2 billion Australian dollars ($116.79 billion). By far the largest export was iron ore.
What is Australia’s most exported food?
Top 10 Agricultural Exports Of Australia
|Rank||Major agriculture export products||% Share of Total Agricultural Exports|
|3||Meat (excl beef)||8.0|
|4||Wool & other animal hair (incl tops)||6.2|
What product is in high demand in Australia?
Computers and electronic goods
It’s no surprise then that, in 2019, machinery including computers was Australia’s number one import (constituting 14.3 per cent of total Aussie imports). Within that category, computers and optical readers (such as smartphones) outperformed the others by far.
What does China import from Australia?
Iron ore, gas and coal make up the bulk of Australian exports to China (more than AUD 79 billion), but Australian service industries – led by education and tourism – are a growing part of the trade relationship.
What does America buy from Australia?
U.S. imports from Australia are up 43.7% from 2004 (pre-FTA). The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: meat (beef) ($2.4 billion), pharmaceuticals ($1.2 billion), special other (returns) ($806 million), optical and medical instruments ($747 million), and aluminum ($596 million).
What is China’s #1 import?
Searchable List of China’s Most Valuable Import Products
|Rank||China’s Import Product||2018 Value (US$)|
|1||Integrated circuits/microassemblies||$312.7 billion|
|2||Crude oil||$239.2 billion|
|3||Iron ores, concentrates||$75 billion|
|4||Petroleum gases||$50 billion|
Which country exports the most?
Leading export countries worldwide
China led the world in exports in 2019. China was followed by the United States, with exports valued at 1.64 trillion US dollars, and Germany, with exports valued at 1.49 trillion US dollars. The value of goods exported from China grew immensely between 2002 and 2014.
What country imports the most?
In 2019, the U.S. were the leading import country in the world with an import value of about 2.57 trillion US dollars. Import and export are generally important pillars of a country’s economy. The trade balance of a country shows the relationship between the values of a country’s imports and exports.