Chockers – same as above! Cool as – the as on the end adds emphasis, so really cool! Crack the whip – telling someone to hurry up! Go off like a frog in a sock – going crazy.
What are some Australian slang words?
100 Australian Slang Words & Phrases
|Aussie slang word/phrase||Meaning|
|Bloody oath||Yes! Or “That’s very true”|
|Bludger||Someone who’s lazy|
|Bogan||Someone who’s not very sophisticated|
|Booze Bus||Police vehicle used to catch drunk drivers|
What are slang words for cool?
- Dope – Cool or awesome.
- GOAT – “Greatest of All Time”
- Gucci – Good, cool, or going well.
- Lit – Amazing, cool, or exciting.
- OMG – An abbreviation for “Oh my gosh” or “Oh my God”
- Salty – Bitter, angry, agitated.
- Sic/Sick – Cool or sweet.
- Snatched – Looks good, perfect, or fashionable; the new “on fleek”
What are some typical Australian sayings?
Australian slang: 33 phrases to help you talk like an Aussie
- Wrap your laughing gear ’round that.
- Dog’s breakfast. …
- Tell him he’s dreaming. …
- A few stubbies short of a six-pack. …
- What’s the John Dory? …
- Have a Captain Cook. …
- No worries, mate, she’ll be right. …
- Fair go, mate. Fair suck of the sauce bottle. …
18 дек. 2017 г.
How do you say amazing in Australian?
How to say “that’s amazing” in Australian. Bewdy. Amazing. Bewdy.
What do Aussies call their girlfriends?
Dear/Darling: Another term of endearment for one’s partner. Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Popularly used to refer to someone’s significant other. Honey: Another popular pet name used by Australian couples while addressing one another.
What is the most Australian word?
The 25 most common Australian slang words
- See ya this arvo – See you this afternoon.
- Being dacked – When someone pulls your pants down.
- Give a wedgie – When someone pulls your pants up your bum.
- Dunny – toilet, bathroom – D’ya know where the dunny is, mate?
- Earbashing – constant talking – She gave me an earbashing for coming home at 2am.
12 дек. 2018 г.
What does OK Boomer mean?
Dictionary.com has summed up “OK boomer” as “a viral internet slang phrase used, often in a humorous or ironic manner, to call out or dismiss out-of-touch or close-minded opinions associated with the Baby Boomer generation and older people more generally.” It’s a helpful explanation for someone who is trying to figure …
What does YEET mean?
Yeet is an exclamation of excitement, approval, surprise, or all-around energy, often as issued when doing a dance move or throwing something.
What is a professional word for cool?
sleek; streamlined; sexy; seductive; stylish; dynamic; innovative; astounding; impressive; breathtaking; elegant; smart; intelligent; unique etc.
What is Australian slang for excellent?
How do you say no in Australian?
Nah. Long sound that rhymes with car. Means negative response or disagreement over matter of opinion used informally but in more formal speech we still say “no”. As in “Nah mate, can’t agree with you.”
How do you say love in Australian?
Most times Aussies will use luv, luvya, seeya luv, I ♥️ (or simply say I love you but not in french cos that’s like really bunging it on.) Hooroo.
What does Crikey mean in Australia?
Another is a word used commonly by the late Steve Irwin, “crikey,” which is Australian slang for “oh my god”. This type of slang is one of the more difficult types to understand for those outside of Australia as many might not understand the context or even what some of the words used mean.
How do Australians say hello?
The average Australian greets with a simple Hey/Hello/Hi. Avoid saying “G’day” or “G’day mate” when first meeting someone as this can sound strange or patronising coming from a foreigner. Many Australians greet by saying “Hey, how are you?”.
What is Australian slang for girl?
It’s usually Sheila I believe – it’s just a girl’s name which, for some reason, has come to be used to denote all females there.